First up: Top 5 spots for FREE live music!*
- The Curtis Institute. Talented young musicians perform solo and chamber pieces nearly every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during recital season at Field Concert Hall in Rittenhouse Square.
- Fiume. This tiny West Philly hot spot hosts a blue grass night every Thursday featuring the band City-Wide Specials.
- Bob and Barbara’s. Every Friday and Saturday, from 9:30 to close, veteran jazz musicians, The Crowd Pleasers, bring down the house.
- The Kimmel Center. Their “Free at the Kimmel” series features a wide variety of musical acts, with most events taking place Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
- World Cafe Live. Every Friday afternoon at noon, you can get up close and personal with bands big and small, local and national. A great segue to a lunch date, or skip lunch and enjoy a naughty mid-day drink at the bar!
*Top 5′s are listed in no particular order
Did I miss your favorite place for free tunes? Leave a comment or drop me a line and let me know! email@example.com.